What is InDesign?
Adobe InDesign CS6 software is a versatile desktop publishing application that gives you pixel-perfect control over design and typography. Graphics and Design ; Adobe; download Adobe InDesign CS6. Create elegant and engaging pages for print, tablets, and other screens. Use Adaptive Design Tools to easily repurpose layouts to look great on a variety of pages sizes, orientations, or devices.
What's new in CS6?
Apply liquid page rules to automatically adapt content when you create an alternate layout with a different size or orientation in InDesign.
Efficiently create and design multiple versions of a layout for different devices and print needs, all within a single InDesign file.
Link content within or across InDesign documents so that changes (including interactivity) made to the parent text or object are applied to all linked children objects.
Content Collector tools
Grab text and objects from an existing layout using the Content Collector. In a new layout, use the Content Placer to add items in the order you want them to appear.
PDF forms within InDesign
Create form fields directly within InDesign before you export to PDF. You can also assign the tab order in InDesign using the Articles panel.
Middle Eastern language support
Buy and update the Middle Eastern version of InDesign directly from Adobe for easier localization of global documents and enhanced functionality.
Pages panel enhancements
Display alternate layouts in the Pages panel to organize content efficiently. Graphics and Design ; Adobe; download Adobe InDesign CS6.
View two side-by-side layouts within the same document to compare the look and feel of the layouts and help ensure consistency.
Recently used fonts
Access fonts you use frequently. Recently used fonts appear at the top of the font list.
Persistent text frame fitting options
Set frames to grow with additional text, based on simple parameters. Expand and shrink frames automatically for headlines, callouts, or other variable content.
Preview your layouts in grayscale to see how they will look on a black-and-white device or when printed in black and white.
Grayscale PDF export
Export PDF files in grayscale directly from the Print dialog box.
Key object alignment
Align selected items to a key object you define.
Hunspell dictionary enhancements
Calculate values in panels and dialog boxes using complex calculations (for example, 12.5p/2x3).
Enhanced split and span support
Keep lines together in paragraphs that split or span columns. Graphics and Design ; Adobe; download Adobe InDesign CS6.
Interactive PDF exported as pages
Export an interactive PDF as pages instead of spreads.
Export to PNG
Export your InDesign document to PNG, a lossless format, for use on the web. You can export the entire document, part of the document, or individual items.
Enhanced zoom for linked objects
Zoom in to a linked object from the Links panel to evaluate it more clearly.
Extension set management
Enable or disable groups of extensions based on your current workflow.
Indic language support
Use the World-Ready Composer, an alternate composition engine, to work with Hindi, Punjabi, and other Indian languages, as well as complex script languages such as Arabic and Hebrew.
Include interactive HTML — such as Google Maps and animation developed with Adobe Edge software — in InDesign layouts. Interactivity is retained when exporting to HTML, EPUB3, or .folio for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite.
Style mapping in linked text
Control how content in linked text is styled. Specify different text styles for parent text and children. Graphics and Design ; Adobe; download Adobe InDesign CS6.
Enhanced packaging support
Package InDesign projects for handoff in Adobe Digital Publishing Suite* workflows, including functionality such as overlays.
- Design beautiful page layouts
- Harness the professional design and typography features in Adobe® InDesign® CS6 software to create stunning and sophisticated page layouts with pixel-perfect control.
- Adapt content
- Use a powerful set of new Adaptive Design Tools to efficiently repurpose your page layouts to myriad page sizes, screen sizes, orientations, and devices without sacrificing good design or typography.
- Create beautiful documents for print
- Design compelling print layouts quickly and easily.
- Create engaging books for e-readers
- Create engaging eBooks with little need for developers. Include refined typography and images that resize to fit virtually any screen.
- Create interactive publications for tablets
- Engage, inform, and attract readers with publications that integrate interactivity, video and sound. The ability to integrate with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite provides an end-to-end workflow for creating and publishing immersive reading experiences on devices.
- Create digital experiences
- Bring designs to life, integrating interactivity, video, and sound. Export interactive PDF documents, SWF files that can be viewed in the free Adobe Flash Player runtime, and HTML files for the web.
- Do more in less time
- Create, edit, and publish documents faster. Graphics and Design ; Adobe; download Adobe InDesign CS6. New and existing productivity features make page layout simpler and speedier, whether you are working on print or digital outputs.
- Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor
- Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3 or Windows 7
- 1GB of RAM (2GB recommended)
- 1.6GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
- 1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit video card
- DVD-ROM drive
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10 software required to export SWF files
- Some features in Adobe Bridge rely on a DirectX 9–capable graphics card with at least 64MB of VRAM